I am a home cook that tries to squeeze every ounce of good food out of my tiny apartment kitchen in Sacramento, CA. Comfort food recipes fill my blog, Starting in December, with an eye toward seasonal ingredients. Little else makes me happier than planning menus and talking about food. Luckily I have a small group of friends who enjoy it as much as I do. My latest fascinations include homemade sausage, finding sour cherries at the farmers’ market, perfecting my pizza crust recipe, butternut squash, salted caramel, champagne and cheese. Glorious cheese.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- A family friend sends us chocolate covered potato chips for Christmas every year. One is enough.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Spaghetti cacio e pepe (spaghetti with cheese and black pepper). Always cacio e pepe.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My grandfather's cast iron skillet. It's a relic and I use it weekly.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Six. I only wish I had room for more!