I realized food was a real passion early on, when I proposed myself to take care of the grocery shopping for my mom when I was 10. I enjoyed it so much, I did not know why people thought it was a chore!
My family has always cooked. I first learned with my grandma and my mom and now, I pass it along to my kids. And since food has the magic power to bring like-minded people together, I am blessed with a husband that enjoys it as much as I do.
As a person with celiac disease, I am grateful for my love of cooking as this disease can turn into a daily nightmare for those who cook little and rely on processed food -gluten is lurking everywhere and cooking from scratch is the only sure way to avoid it.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Camel tajine in Morroco
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Either something exotic, with bold spices, like a chicken curry or palau, or something really tasty and umami, like grilled cheese with extra sharp cheddar cheese with onion soup.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My trusty mezzaluna
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 6. Otherwise, the noise level gets too high for my husband who has a hearing problem due to a perforated tympan when he was a kid.