When I started graduate school back in 2006, I was overwhelmed and terribly unhappy (I should mention that I study Russian novels). To cheer myself up, I started baking--muffins, cupcakes, cakes--and then I started making savory things too--curries, soups, pastas, risottos. Needless to say, the habit has stuck. I now balance writing my dissertation and staying sane by making lots of fun recipes that I share with my friends, my departments and my freezer (so I have something to munch on when the deadline draws near).
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Uni (sea urchin) when I was teaching English in Japan
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Soup, muffins and pancakes
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My coffee bean grinder
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: