I'm the food editor at Sunset magazine. Before Sunset, I was the executive editor at Saveur, and before that I worked at the late, lamented Gourmet. I edited The Sunset Cookbook (Oxmoor, 2010), was the main author of The One-Block Feast (Ten Speed Press, 2011), and edited Sunset's Edible Garden Cookbook (Oxmoor, 2012). I love cooking and never get tired of it—even though it's my job.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Fried egg on toast, with some kind of nutty cheese melted on top
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- A beat-up old serving spoon my Grandma gave me
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 8 to 10