Robert Wallack is a chef, food writer and cooking instructor at Three Apple Farm Kitchens in Mount Vernon, Maine, where he lives with his wife, Victoria, on their 160-year-old farm. Wallack offers private and small-group cooking lessons tailored to the needs of his students ranging from basic cooking techniques to advanced instruction in restaurant-style food preparation and presentation.
A native of Boston, Wallack grew up in a restaurant family and was exposed to a variety of cooking styles and ethnic dishes from an early age. After a 35-year career in journalism and publishing, he combined his life’s interest in food and writing to launch Food Etc., a monthly magazine supplement circulated in newspapers throughout southern Maine.
Today, he is chef/owner of the Olde Post Office Café in Mount Vernon, specializing in casual contemporary cuisine. He is an avid proponent of the Slow Food movement, which was founded in Italy, and an organic gardener dedicated to sustainable practices.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- my mother-in-law's cooking
- What do you cook when home alone?
- anything and everything i'd cook when i'm not alone
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- bob kramer chef's knife
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: