When it comes to food, it has been a long journey. I grew up eating mostly wild game and Northeast seasonal fruits & vegetables. But it was also the 70/80's and there was lots of crazy processed new fangled foods. It took me a long time to eat sweets & savories together (think meat & dried fruits), but now I love the combination! My favorite foods primarily come out of Moroccan or Spanish cuisine but I also love Brazilian dishes and Southern food. My least favorite foods are grapefruit, eggplant and baked beans. I like to eat healthy but sexy - so no processed foods any longer but I love the locavore and the slow food movement.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- opossum, not a delicacy.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- i am rarely alone, but i would cook a casserole or quiche to live off for a few meals.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- either my deep dish cazuela, or my smaller tagine
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- the more the merrier