All my life I've woken up planning breakfast, finished breakfast so I could look forward to lunch and considered snacks a necessary part of life. (Especially late-night snacks in bed.)
At some point I figured out how to make this interest my career.
I'm best known as the author of Fork Me, Spoon Me: the sensual cookbook and an authority on aphrodisiac foods. (How did I get into this field? Get to know me better and I'll share all!)
I also work as a wine journalist, critic and competition judge as well as a sometimes travel and food writer, event speaker and consultant.
One of my most proud achievements is publishing the soon-to-be-released Kiss My Bundt Cookbook with recipes from the popular Los Angeles bakery.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- lightly smoked cow's udder
- What do you cook when home alone?
- pesto from the garden with soy noodles, apples and peanut butter, figs and humboldt fog
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- my cheap, plastic mandolin and my vacuvin
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: