I've been cooking since I was a little girl, barely tall enough to reach the counters in my mom's kitchen in Western Massachusetts. I spent some time in NYC for college with no meal plan, but a kitchen at my disposal for all my meals. I ended up in Boston, where I live with my husband and our cat, Rooster. I work at Boston University in the development department. My favorite things about my job are that I get to ride my bike along the Charles River straight from my home to my office, and the tuition remission. I'm slowly, but surely, working my way through a master's in Gastronomy and Food Studies. I started my blog, Cheap Beets, last year as a result of my husband getting laid off.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Pasta with artichoke hearts, black olives, red onions, achovies, capers and lots of garlic. It's been my favorite dish since I was 14.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My pressure cooker
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- I like to keep our dinner parties to us and one other couple.