I am a home cook who firmly believes that you don't have to give up being a foodie just because you are a parent. After my daughter was born I quickly learned that it is next to impossible to get anything done when chasing a child around the house. So I developed a new way of cooking my favorite recipes based on the down time that was available to me during the day - her afternoon naptime - and began calling myself The Naptime Chef. By planning well and employing smart prepping techniques I find that our family can always enjoy great meals without compromising quality or taste. I write about capturing this time in my life as I develop a new sensibility about cooking as a parent, and learn how to fit great food into family life. Sometimes I have plenty of time in the kitchen, and sometimes I cook on the fly. But, no matter what, I love feeding my family and the process of creating food we all can enjoy. I am currently writing my first cookbook, The Naptime Chef: Fitting Great Food Into Family Life (Running Press, 2012).
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Rattlesnake, during Outward Bound in high school
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Pasta Cacio y Pepe with extra Pecorino
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My KitchenAid mixer, I don't know where I would be without it
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: