Hi! I'm Melissa, mother of two daughters, one in college, the other currently sitting patiently at my feet....she's an Akita! I am happily married, a HUGE football fan (Go Gamecocks!) and most importantly, I am a foodie. I love eveything about food from planning menus and partys, to selecting the ingredients and the final preparation. Currently, my kitchen favorites are all the fall goodies like fresh apples, figs, cheeses and homemade breads. I also like wine and as the old saying goes, "I cook with wine..and sometimes a little makes it into the pot"!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Tripe. It's not rare, but very, very strange.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Mac n cheese all the way baby!
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- A huge, blue ceramic mixing bowl my mom used while I was growing up. So many meals came from that bowl.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 8 if it's a formal sitting meal as that's how many my table will hold comfortably. But we've pulled off way more than that for oysters and Beaufort Stew with nice warm crusty bread and a Budweiser!