While I’ve always been a fan of eating, cooking remained a mystery to me for the first 32 years of my life. Until one day I switched on the Food Network and Nigella Lawson quite effortlessly whipped up pasta with walnut sauce just for herself in the middle of the day. It struck me as fun, nourishing and comforting all at the same time. I thought, “This looks so easy and delicious. Why don’t I do this?” I did and it was. Mystery solved…and so began my culinary obsession. Since then I’ve been a dedicated home cook and baker with a fondness for most things Italian. I can’t say I have a culinary philosophy but I do believe that ingredients should trump technique and if something appeals to you, try it.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Chicken feet in jellyfish aspic. Not my fondest memory.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Pasta with Walnut Sauce. Thanks, Nigella.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My flame-colored Le Creuset dutch oven and silpats
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 6 because we have 6 chairs that fit comfortably around our dining table