(Jeffreyolsen hasn't added any details yet, but jeffreyolsen is a Food52er now, and we think that's swell.)
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Battery acid. I thought it was chocolate. I was four and it burnt like hell. But since that doesn't really count as food, maybe goat liver...
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Chili con carne, all sorts of braised meats, whole roasted fish, roast chicken, stewed legumes. Go-to salads are Greek salad and escalivada (a Catalan salad of roasted eggplant and red pepper with garlic and anchovies). Favorite snacks are olives, anchovies, sardines, all sorts of cheeses and charcuterie, crusty bread with olive oil, yogurt with honey and nuts, and ludicrously spicy raw chiles. And ice cream. I make a ton of ice cream.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My KitchenAid stand mixer. Honorable mentions go to my Cuisinart ice cream maker and Global chef's knife, both of which have served me dutifully for years, and to my iSi Gourmet Whip, which I am always looking for excuses to use.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Five. My dining table only seats six and I need to eat too.