I am a writer and a cook. I have an MFA in Fiction writing, which I use mostly to write freelance articles and essays about food and travel, and recipes too. My website, theroamingkitchen.net, is home to original recipes, photography, and culinary yarns. When I'm not writing, I work as a personal chef, and as a board member of Slow Food NYC. I live in Brooklyn with my boyfriend, also known as "the Frenchman".
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- It was a drink--snake liquor on a boat on the Yangtze River
- What do you cook when home alone?
- A runny egg, salad with garlic-Dijon vinaigrette, cheese and great bread. (So, not really cooking per se..)
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Matfer Exoglass spatula, sharp chef's knife, Le Creuset Dutch oven
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: