My mother never cooked when I was growing up, so I made my grandmother teach me. My specialties are the old Ashkenazi Jewish recipes she handed down, homemade ice cream, and cookies decorated with royal icing.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-- Carl Sagan
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- cow's brains (vomited immediately)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- my pink KitchenAid mixer and my grandmother's china
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 7 (because my table comfortably seats 8)