By day (and sometimes, night) I bake pies for my NYC-based company, First Prize Pies. In the precious moments in between baking, I scour this website for savory inspiration (and boozy inspiration, too!).
I live in Brooklyn, NY with my boyfriend and our pit bull Charlie, We are blessed with a backyard, where I try to grow things, with occasional success.
My death row meal starts with foie gras terrine and brioche toast with a glass of Sauternes, followed by a lobster roll with a bottle of Taittinger champagne, and finishing with a hot fudge sundae.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Okra. It's not exotic, but it is strange (in other words, I don't like okra).
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Raw kale salads, pasta with butter and cheese.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My Kitchenaid mixer.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: