I love food and I love being in the kitchen. There's something so gorgeously addictive about being in a fresh food market surrounded by beautiful produce. I get excited over seeing the bright spices in my pantry, too. I'm a big fan of experimenting in the kitchen, which has led to some pretty funky results. I once made a Vietnamese scallop dish from Molly Stevens' very excellent cookbook All About Braising. (Did I mention I'm a cookbook junkie?) that tasted, and looked, like they'd been dipped in brown soap.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- A stringy awful turtle soup sitting in a dark murky broth
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Simple spaghetti with tomato sauce -- I always make it with anchovies that divinely melt into the ruby red sauce
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My Mac knife
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: