I started cooking for survival in elementary school in New York (in the 70’s!) with Felipe Rojas Lombardi from the now defunct Balducci’s; catered to supplement income from high school through my 30’s; started a restaurant in San Francisco, Val 21 in the 90’s; cooked for 2000 people 5 days a week who had a myriad of dietary restrictions and preferences at Project Open Hand; created recipes and products for Odwalla for 10 years and now I consult to the Natural Foods industry and develop recipes for the blogsphere.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Cock's Comb
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I have 3 kids and a husband, so I'm never home alone.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My microplane grater and immersion blender. My KitchenAid and Cuisinart too! Ok and my knives.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: