As a little girl, I would sit on our family-room floor with my sisters and watch Julia Child on her PBS show, the French Chef. From an early age, the food obsession began, thanks in part to my mom, who was a constant inspiration in the kitchen, letting us "help" her and creating many indelible food memories – don’t get me started on her amazing chicken soup!
As an early adult, I dabbled in cooking, mainly late night omelettes or pancakes after a boozy evening, but once I met my husband that was when food became more than just a flight of fancy. Cooking for him became a passion and with that came trying new and exotic things – luckily he’ll eat anything!
Now that we have a child, cooking for three has turned me on my head and I’m learning how to cook all over again. The journey in the kitchen is always fun, now it just comes in bite-size pieces!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- limburger cheese and onion sandwich at Baumgartner's Cheese Store & Tavern in Monroe, WI
- What do you cook when home alone?
- cacio e pepe or popcorn in my whirly pop and a vodka tonic
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My 9 1/2 quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: