For Colombe, cooking/eating/sharing delicious, feel good meals is one of life's greatest pleasures. Maybe it all started at the age of seven, when her mother gave her a vintage kid's oven that actually plugged into the wall. You may recognize her from season 3 of the Next Food Network Star where she is best remembered for her creative approach to healthy meals. She likes to frequent local markets and loves traveling which gives her tremendous inspiration in the kitchen.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- The most recent was a soy milk terrine with fish roe on the tasting menu at Chateau Briand in Paris
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I love making soups, especially when fall weather comes. My recent favorite is a Moroccan style vegetable soup with butternut squash, turnips, cabbage, celery, spices, chickpeas and golden raisins.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- There are so many! My Le Creuset Dutch Oven is definitely one of them. I'm not one for gadgetry, but I love the handheld citrus press my mom got for me in Oaxaca.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: