I am a retired school teacher and a vegetarian (I do use eggs and dairy). I am a regular shopper at the local farmers' market (Portland) and believe in using organic and local ingredients when possible. I do a lot of shopping at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods. I like simple foods well prepared with the freshest ingredients possible. I subscribe to Vegetarian Times, and often try (and just as often alter) some of their recipes. I have a lot of cookbooks- all vegetarian except for one for Chinese food. My favorites are The Enchanted Broccoli Forest, by Mollie Katzen, and the Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. I love Italian and Chinese food, and have been to Italy and China (3 times).
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Can't think of anything
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Everything, as I live alone
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: