For those that don't speak Spanish, my name means "queen of garlic". I realize that's a hefty title to carry since being queen of anything brings about a certain responsibility. I regret to say, I've never been to the Garlic Festival, nor is my kitchen (or home for that matter) adorned wall-to-wall with garlic in every nook and cranny. But it's safe to say garlic is my favorite ingredient in the world.
Now, why am I here? I love food! It's what excites me and gets me going. I love that there are endless combinations and tastes of it. I'm pretty sure that when I'm looking at fresh produce, my pupils dilate. I play a game of "guess the ingredients" whenever I happen to come across a waft of food. I can happily boast that I'm usually 95% accurate, thank you very much. I've got culinary school in my sights and hope to one day be amongst the achieved and talented cooks of this world. :)
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Halo-halo; the beans, crushed ice, and jelly pieces threw me off from the ice cream.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- New recipes I find from either online, a magazine, a newspaper, the back of a can, etc.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My knife and spatula
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: