Shauna writes about food. Danny cooks it.
We grow excited every Saturday morning to go to the farmers' market. This time of year, a Billy Allstot tomato is enough to make us look like goons at the stand, jumping up and down with excitement. We will eat one slice with sea salt, standing over the sink. Another goes to our baby daughter. The rest might go into the smoker to make smoked tomato salsa, or thrown together with watermelon and good olive oil for a watermelon gazpacho, or stacked with smoked salmon and drizzled with horseradish sour cream.
Every day is new. I have no idea what we're having for dinner tonight. But I'm sure interested to find out.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- chickpeas with spinach, lemon, and a poached egg
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- sharp knives and the KitchenAid I've owned since 1995
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: