Hello, my name is Cynthia Furey, I'm a Web/copy editor in Southern California who dreams of one day writing about food as my dayjob. In the meantime, I write about food in my spare time. This includes a monthly "Food 101" recipe column in The Orange County Register newspaper, daily blogging updates on the "Taste of Orange County" blog with Orange Coast magazine, and my own personal food blog, Furey and the Feast (http://www.fureyandthefeast.com). After college, I went to culinary school and continue to study and write about food. I hope to do so forever. Thanks for reading!
- What do you cook when home alone?
- This varies, but most are embarrassing. For example, once, I made a scrambled eggs, burrata, Parmesan and prosciutto sandwich on stale French bread because it was all I had!
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My spice rack. I just bought my first home and I had someone build a spice rack into one of my kitchen walls. It's the one thing that makes me realize that this new home is actually mine.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 20 -- and it would be tapas style. Old friends, new friends, their friends -- all of my worlds melting together in a single night over wine and food.