I am one of the rare northern Cali girls who hearts LA. My family hails from India via Kenya and being a good little south asian i spent many of my young years in the kitchen. Surrounded by good food from birth (thanks mom!) i have always loved cooking, eating and learning about food. In recent years i have developed an interest in the history of food and its cultural connection particularly in how imperialism and colonization has had an influence on cuisines of the world. This blog is my way of exploring the amazing web of nourishment that sustains us.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- crocodile....at a place called carnivore outside of Narobi when I was 11 years old.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- my go to meal is capellini with garlic, olive oil and parmesan and a side of wilted spinach.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My cast iron grill pan....not only does it replace the need for a BBQ in my box of an apartment but its great for bicep curls.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: