I'm a decent cook (from a family of legendary ones) with a tiny kitchen that has taught me to simplify everything - techniques, gadgets, even ingredients.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Iguana - it tasted like chicken ... tough, bony chicken
- What do you cook when home alone?
- soup - a thousand undocumented permutations of lentil, split pea, black bean, and vegetable
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- an ornate set of silver demitasse spoons from my grandmother's house. That, and Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything"
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- depending on the occasion, two or eight