I've always been torn whether I want to be a pastry chef or a knitwear designer, hence the screenname sticksnscones. I try to spend as much time as I can in the pursuit of perfection in both. I work at & teach at a fabulous knitting shop along with taking on freelance baking jobs. I draw my cooking inspiration from cookbook authors: Dorie Greenspan, Alice Medrich & Melissa Clark. Most recently I was part of the editing/recipe testing/photo shoot team for a cookbook entitled My Japanese Table by Debra Samuels.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Pigeon while visting Hong Kong.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Mashed Avocado with fleur de sel, Greek Yogurt with homemade jam and granola, really good toast & jam..
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My "good luck" antique cooling rack that belonged to my husbands grandmother(a fabulous baker). It seem like everything that has the good fortune of cooling on this rack is delicious!
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: