As a firm believer that food is an extension of your heart, I can only cook for people I really like. I came to America at age 25 and inherited the love of cooking from my maternal grandmother who was full of amazing recipes, tips and tricks dating back to the 1920s. One of her sayings was "Old bread is not hard - NO bread, that is hard." Keeping that motto in mind, little goes to waste in my house. I enjoy coming up with creative ways for leftovers and cooking with local, seasonal, healthy ingredients that were grown sustainably. I have 4 furry "kids" - 2 dogs and 2 cats, all rescue animals. Nothing is more enjoyable for me than to spend time in the kitchen, cook, and feed people.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Horse meat in The Netherlands
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Roasted semolina soup or potato pancakes
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Marble counters to work pastries like in Europe
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: