I forgo my job in the Washington DC policy research world to dedicate my every available moment to research, test, cook, write, teach and talk about Mexican food. Not only because of nostalgia and desire to share it with my family and because it makes me feel connected to my roots, but also because I am absolutely fascinated by its richness and depth. And a huge plus, ingredients to cook Mexican are now found everywhere! The more I learn about it the more I want to dig in and the more I realize all that I still need to test, taste and learn.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- hmmm... I will get back to you on that.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Comal passed down from my mother, about 5 decades old.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: