I was gifted with the love for cooking as a very young girl growing up in Tehran. I would follow my grandmother to the fresh produce market every day in summer days and help carry her basket home. I would then stand around at her foot in the kitchen and she would reward me with delicious morsels of the food she was cooking.
My two prominent occupations/preoccupations are cooking and teaching computer science/writing computer programs. I find both equally rewarding.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Tripe slow-cooked in tomatoe sauce with onions, garlic, garbanzo and navy beans. Breaded fried calf brain sandwich. They were delicious.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- A simple pasta with basil pesto, ... an elaborate fancy sandwich for one. Depends on my mood.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My perfect-width, perfect-angled old Rubbermaid spatula.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: