I have been an amateur cook for two decades now and am so happy to find this site! I particularly like creative cookie ideas. I also love to bake bread.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- I wish i could say that it was the fried tarantulas that they sell in the Mission in SF, but I haven't had the guts to go for it. I guess that leaves Ostrich, which was shaved thin and served in a carpaccio.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I love all-day stews, and i really like loading up the slow cooker and waking up at 4am to stir it while the kitchen fills with the wonderful aromas.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My Kitchenaid Mixer! My house was robbed and that was the first thing I ran to, to make sure it was safe. It was... those guys didn't know what I valued most!
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Six, including the two hosts. Too many and it gets awkward and stressful for me. But i LOVE dinner parties more than life itself.