I consider myself an authority on almost nothing. I simply seek out and redistribute other people's knowledge, soaking up what I can along the way.
My wife and I curate a large spreadsheet of chocolate chip cookie recipes comparing ingredients and proportions and trying to quantify the effects of slight variations. We're starting one up on caramel next.
Friday Night is Pizza Night. Has been for my family since I was a child. When I took it up myself in college, my friends quickly grew tired of pizza-sausage-mushroom combinations, so We branched out to all sorts of more interesting variations ( many successful, some not)
Now I try out new pizza crust recipes every few weeks. I'm less concerned with "authenticity" than what pairs best with various topping combinations.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Invariably some kitchen failure I've tried to save or re-purpose into something I can still eat: Blueberry-Peanutbutter-Oatmeal Bread? Twice-baked nuttella cookies?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- New techniques, flavor combinations, whatever entertains or strikes my fancy. Bread, in large part.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My pizza peel
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Six for now, which is still one more dining chair than I have in the house.