I love to cook. The kitchen is one of my favorite refuges and creating new flavors one of my favorite passions. I love those a-ha moments when a new recipe comes together and elevates the tasting experience to a new level.
Several years ago my family started farming and we now raise heritage pigs, chickens, ducks, bees and grow a large garden. Having access to high quality fresh ingredients has made a huge difference in kitchen creativity. Our goal is to produce 50% of our own food on the farm, so a lot of my recipes are centered around using ingredients I have on hand. We do a lot of canning, drying, curing and freezing so we always have local quality ingredients.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- I made Lardo from one of our Ossabaw Island pigs - a revelation, but hard to explain to co-workers.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I'm obsessed with Charcuterie. I often get the urge to cure when I'm alone.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- I recently bought a Global Chef Knife I am enamored with.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: