With my husband, an artist, I am managed by a small sheep farm, and I write about cooking for, eating with, and loving my family (when I can stay awake long enough to string four coherent words together) at a food blog I started called A Raisin & A Porpoise.
My chief interests in life include, but are not limited to: what my family will have for dinner tonight; what we will have for dinner tomorrow; whether my children are rested, fed, encouraged and aware; getting out of the grocery store with as much dignity and as little plastic packaging material as possible; assessing the real chances that we the people will come to our senses in time to save the bees, the oceans and the last vestiges of true democracy; and the very powerful and inspiring ways all of these things connect.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- still working on the answer to that one
- What do you cook when home alone?
- It varies, but usually involves fish sauce and a lot of heat.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My cast iron skillet
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- very small