I cooked my way through the 80's and 90's reading cookbooks in bed at night and following recipes religiously, having no faith in my instincts whatsoever. But one day I woke up and realized that somewhere along the way I had turned into a good cook. I didn't need books anymore to concoct something wonderful. In fact, some of my most memorable dishes have been nothing but pure inspiration.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Cow's intestine.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Whatever I can add a poached egg to.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- An Irish cast-iron skillet that browns meat beautifully.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: