I fit 75% of the stereotypical description of a Denver resident: I'm outdoorsy, fit, and enjoy craft beer. (The other 25%? It has to do with smoking pot. No thank you!) Since I moved here from California in 2012, I have missed my year-round farmer's markets and "California cuisine." However, Denver lies in a very unique region of the U.S., giving it a unique microclimate, and thus a unique food scene. I just think it hasn't quite been defined yet, and I am loving exploring the local ingredients here and figuring out what could one day be recognized as "Colorado cuisine."
Oh, and did I mention my favorite hobby is ice-cream making?!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- My mom once requested me to make tomato sorbet. I think she was the only one who ate more than a bite...
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Something with chocolate, just like any other normal woman. Right? Right???
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- It's a tie between my ice cream maker, soft serve machine, waffle cone maker, and ice cream scoop.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- I like to keep it small, so, 4-6!