i like food. a lot. a lot.
i truly believe that the best way to win someone over is through their belly (it's certainly the way to mine!)
i mix, blend, bake, jar, boil & roast in our big old kitchen with and for the love of my life (affectionately referred to as 'the chef'), who happens to be a pastry chef (lucky me!) and our cute-beyond-words puppy, Gertie.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- There is a jewish (and asian i have recently discovered) delicacy referred to as "eggies" in my family...they are chicken fetus of some sort that you boil in chicken soup...i'm going to research what the heck they are actually called...they are incredible and can only be prepared correctly alongside my mothers chicken soup (imho).
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Mostly recipes off of blogs that i admire or one of the cookbooks in our collection. I don't often cook for just myself, mostly it's for me and the chef, so I try to make something that she will love (that's always my ultimate goal!) If I was truly home alone, probably soup or salad (snooze!)
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- Le Creuset dutch ovens, my oval shaped stainless measuring cups & spoons, soup spoons, mini whisks & my dishwasher!
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: