3 non-food-related facts:
-I grew up in northwest Florida.
-I am an all-star west coast swing and hustle dancer.
-I am a voracious reader. My favorite novel of all time is The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy, but lately I've been enthralled by George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice books.
5 food facts:
-I am self-taught and most proud of my accomplishments in making chocolates, frozen desserts, and baked goods. I also enjoy cooking Persian, Thai, and Creole/Cajun cuisine.
-Village food in rural northern Thailand is the best food I've ever had.
-I discovered Food52 thanks to a tweet from Jeni's Ice Creams announcing the Your Best Ice Cream contest.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Fried crickets
- What do you cook when home alone?
- No better way to start the day than a poached egg on toast with a bit of balsamic vinegar and asiago with a cup of coffee.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My ice cream maker
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 8 is great once a month, with a big 60+ person party once a year (mine is Mardi Gras!)