I'm 27 year old with a day job, dreaming of pastry school and the day I can finally say goodbye to Sallie Mae. Originally hailing from New England, I loves crisp autumn days, fall foliage and baking my way through blizzards. In 2009, I packed up her rolling pin and KitchenAid mixer, kissing the Nutmeg state goodbye to move to the Phiadelphia area. I may not say “wudder” or go “down the shore,” but I loves exploring Philly’s vibrant food scene, whether it be strolling through farmers markets, venturing to ethnic restaurants in different neighborhoods, or making friends with food truck owners. I live on a tree-lined street with a sometimes-vegan roommate and a cat named Mascarpone.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- durian. delicious.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I eat leftovers cold. That's probably more interesting than answering "anything" to the "what do you cook?" question.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- my vintage kitchenaid mixer, Hobart, that I bought used for $50.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: