I was raised in a small town in Pennsylvania and started traveling in my early twenties, first to the west coast, then back across the country. I was hooked on all the different food I never knew existed growing up. Traveled alone to Europe and landed in Vicenza, Italy for almost two years. What an education that was! After returning to the States, I worked for a hotel in Nevada that had a restaurant producing authentic handmade Italian food. The owners gave me many opportunities to grow professionally. I pursued my interest in wine and eventually managed the hotel's extensive wine cellar. When the owners of the hotel established a winery in Sonoma County, I eventually went to work there as Hospitality Director. Currently, my husband and I live in Mendocino County where we have a general contracting business. Wine is still a passion for me and cooking a daily adventure. Gardening is challenging but miraculous. Love all that Northern California has to savor!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Octopus in Venice. I was incredibly naive about food at that time in my life.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Anything and everything. The best part is I don't have to be on a scheduled time to put it on the table.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The knowledge I've obtained by observing, reading, immersing, tasting and just enjoying the whole cooking process.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 6 but there's always room for more at our table. You have to be flexible and open your door wide as people have done for me.