I spend about an equal amount of time behind the laptop and behind the stove. In between preparing and writing about food, I love to hang out with my husband, three children, big shaggy dog and two cats. History is also my thing, especially the Regency period, U.S. Westward expansion and World War II. Favorite drinks: good pinot noirs and classic martinis. Favorite book: Pride & Prejudice. Favorite obsessions: Laura Ingalls Wilder and South Dakota
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- peanut butter pie
- What do you cook when home alone?
- curly noodles with garlic and parmesan
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- a sharp kitchen knife
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: