I'm a writer and a restlessly experimental home cook. I've never met a recipe I didn't want to defy.
I grew up with a Malagasy mother, a Chinese father, a chocolatier uncle and a U.S. army chef grandpa. I enjoy playing associative food games. How many fish stews can you name? Bouillabaisse, zarazuela, cioppino, clam chowder...
I'm currently shopping a culinary coming-of-age novel, DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU EAT, the story of an 18-year old girl who secretly writes the New York Times restaurant review. If you wanna take a look, visit http://jessicatom.com/pages/request-the-manuscript !
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Combos cheese snacks (but is it supposed to look like dog food?)
- What do you cook when home alone?
- a pitcher of pureed vegetable soup with Chana Masala spice blend
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: