I'm an enthusiastic home cook. I value local and sustainable agriculture but live in Ontario, and so I eat imported fruits and greens all winter long. I adore elaborate food projects, but have a toddler, and so have come to love the one-dish meal. And I will probably never find the will to press mashed potatoes through a tamis. But I'm here to learn.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Fish-gut sambal
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Scrambled eggs with (not on) toast
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- The mortar and pestle my mother brought from Malaysia
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: