A native of Los Angeles, I'm currently living in Copenhagen, Denmark. My education is in classical flute performance, but my heart is in food.
My husband and I lived in Paris for a year, which greatly influenced my cooking style and repertoire. While I love cooking curries, stir-fry, and hamburgers, nothing beats a rich cream sauce!
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- A live shrimp, dipped in butter. It was one of twenty courses served at Noma.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Stir fried vegetables over couscous or a breakfast burrito with eggs, bacon, and potatoes.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My first Le Creuset dutch oven! That behemoth was in my carry-on luggage when I moved to France, and again had its place of honor on-board when I moved to Denmark.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: