Danny Spitzberg studies prizes and the coming rumbling in philanthropy and science funding. He is currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he is also Co-Director of Slow Food UW.
In 2009, he was a fellow at The Breakthrough Institute. His ongoing project, ‘Smart Deployment Policy’, is drawing lessons from past cases of technological progress to accelerate innovation and make clean energy cheap.
Danny works (travels) as a freelance photojournalist and reporter on science breakthroughs, emphasizing the often obscured value to society of breakthrough science research(ers). He also co-edits and publishes Ox Family Magazine.
On land, Danny bikes. On water, he rows on the Charles River.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- That Knife (you know the one)
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: