I am a self-taught cook and am hooked on the Food Network and the Cooking Channel. I really enjoy collecting cookbooks, but cooking is not my only passion. I love to make things, anything. I love to find something in a store that I want and then figure out how to make it. Jewelery, soap, pickles, preserves, glass, etc... Hey, it keeps me out of trouble.
My son grew up watching cooking shows and now is a trained chef, so we eat pretty well at my house. The love of my life is my chocolate standard poodle, Rocco. He is always willing to sample my cooking. Don't worry, he never gets onions, raisins, grapes or chocolate. He has been known to steal butter when I'm not looking.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Tongue. I wondered if the tongue could taste me back.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Wild Mushroom Risotto. So relaxing to make with one hand while holding a wineglass in the other.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- It's a tie between my KitchenAid and my pressure cooker.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: