I'm a former newspaper journalist from South Florida. I moved to NYC more than four years ago to pursue my dream of writing about my passions: food & drink.
I'm currently the NYC Drink Editor with The Daily Meal. I also serve at Gramercy Tavern; before that, I opened ABC Kitchen and served there for two and a half years.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- Goat's Head Soup
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Depends on the season. It's winter, so I rely on my favorite comfort foods: My go-to for a sweet tooth? Pluck-It Cake (similar to monkey bread). Savory? Roast chicken with rosemary, thyme, lemon and wine paired with horseradish mashed potatoes and roasted beets with yogurt and balsamic reduction.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My grandmother's yellow and white ceramic bowl: It's large enough to mix just about anything, and it weighs a ton so I get a work out in, too.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is: