I like to cook simply, especially cooking with things I can find (or at the very least, find at the farmers market which, in SoCal, contains every kind of produce on earth!). I like ingredients like lambsquarters, which grow in every alley and once-tilled ditch but are overlooked as weeds. Or I like scuba diving for lobster - lobster you catch with your bare hands just tastes Great! Generally, I don't like overly fussy recipes and tend to just improvise with whatever I have on hand and few meals come out of my kitchen without green garlic, cayenne, orange zest, or either fresh mint or dill.
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Quinoa and pea shoots, or whatever's lying around
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My hacked kitchen cart: http://www.flickr.com/photos/esoterica/2693262266/
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- 6 - 8, though if it's going to be bigger, I'd rather it be way bigger, like 20 - 30