Seven years after moving into my house, I'm still turning out meals from a kitchen with two burners and very little counter space, but now a couple of pitiful greyhounds are in the mix, trying to beg a piece, just a morsel of my meal, if only I'd be so kind. I'm always up for trying something new, but lately I've been looking to my past, trying to perfect my gumbo and make a stunning gluten-free roux. (It's really not so difficult.)
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- I don't really consider it strange (though others do), but I'm a big fan of the nasty bits. There's nothing like a nice bit of offal to make my day.
- What do you cook when home alone?
- I'm a serial nibbler when left to my own devices. Why cook one thing when you can mix and match with abandon?
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- My stainless steel table, which more than doubled the counter space in our poorly-designed kitchen.
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Six? I don't know; I don't entertain as often as I'd like.