Who owns your booze, why kale isn't "healthy," and what makes expensive wine expensive.
Here are 5 of the best things we read this week:
- The conglomerates behind your favorite booze. [Eater]
- Differentiating "healthy" from "nutrient-packed" and "indulgent" is a necessary and confusing part of consuming food. [The Washington Post]
- Is expensive wine really worth it? Here's what goes into a wine price tag. [Wine Folly]
- In New Zealand, it's all about the cheesy garlic tater-tot pizza crust. [First We Feast]
- With the explosion of tiki bar culture has also come a new demand for the elusive white grapefruit. [Lucky Peach]
Did you read (or see) anything worth sharing this week? Tell us in the comments below!
Every Sunday, we round up our favorite food reads (podcasts, and videos) from the week, so you can sit back with that cup of coffee and settle in to catch up on what's happening in the world of food.