If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Photo: Ditte Isager for Bon Appetit.
Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• Finally an answer to one of life's most perplexing questions: who the devil makes all those food trucks? (The New York Times)
• He's one of Amanda's favorite cookbook writers. We're obsessed with St. John Bread & Wine in London. Finally someone takes us behind the scenes into (what must be) the fabulous life of Fergus Henderson. (Bon Appetit)
• ... As opposed to some behind-the-scenes information we did NOT want to know: what's in a Twinkie. Check out the Twinkie Ingredient Project where, at least if you squint and cover the captions, the photos sure are pretty.
Photos: Dwight Eschliman.
• Don't do what your mother told ya -- rare pork is fine! Butchers rejoice! And a pinker nation thanks the USDA. (USDA)
• To loosely quote the New York Times morning headlines email: "When you go to a restaurant and order steak, you don't get horse." Well, folks, there's a good chance that "snapper" staring you in the eye is none other than your good friend tilapia ... or Vietnamese catfish ... or ... (The New York Times)
• But there's a whole 'nother set of politics on our plates: who knew liberals and conservatives eat differently? (Mashable)
Graphic: Column Five Media.